Serviced Apartments in Central London
Fraser Residence City London is strategically located in the financial district of London, often referred to as the ‘Square Mile’, moments away from the famous London Bridge. Within the vicinity of our serviced apartments is a plethora of London’s most popular galleries, theatres, museums, restaurants, bars, designer shops, a public leisure centre, and the world-famous Barbican Centre. Getting around London city is easy with the Monument underground at its doorstep.
Fraser Residence City, London
3 Lovat Lane
London EC3R 8DT
Facilities, Amenities and Services within the vicinity
- Tesco Supermarket (3-minute walk)
- Array of Restaurants, Cafes and Bars (3- to 5-minute walk)
- Marks & Spencer (retail and food, 5-minute walk)
- Newsagents (4-minute walk)
- Boots and Superdrugs chemists (5- to 10-minute walk)
- Banks (NatWest, Barclays, Lloyds, 5- to 15-minute walk)
- Paul’s bakery (10-minute walk)
- Hairdresser (5-minute walk)
- Post Office (8-minute walk)
- The Monument (1-minute walk)
- Leaden hall Market (5-minute walk)
- Borough Market (10-minute walk)
- Barbican Centre, Cinema and Concerts Hall (20-minute walk)
- CityPoint Gym (15-minute walk) – With exclusive offers for Fraser guests!
- One new change shopping Mall (10-minute walk)
- Tower Bridge (10-minute walk)
- Tower of London (10-minute walk)
- St Pauls Cathedral (15-minute walk)
Getting to Fraser Residence City
- Monument Station: Served by the Circle, District, Central and Northern lines Direct connection to London Liverpool Street Station (5 minutes away), King’s Cross St. Pancras Eurostar – (8 minutes), London Victoria (10 minutes) and London Paddington (20 minutes)
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR): Offers direct connection to Canary Wharf and London City Airport
Nearest Mainline Stations (10-minute walk)
- London Blackfriars: With direct access to London Gatwick Airport
- London Bridge Station
- London Liverpool Street: With direct access to London Stansted Airport
Nearest River Taxi:
- London Bridge Pier – Transport by boat on the river Thames, which calls at Waterloo, Embankment, Blackfriars, Bankside, Tower of London, Canary Wharf, Greenwich, QEII for the O2, etc.
- A wide selection of London Transport bus routes can be found around the property.
- Airport transfers can be arranged upon request.
The capital city of England, United Kingdom, London is a global city that leads in the areas of arts, commerce, education, entertainment, and media. It is one of the world’s most visited cities, attracting an international audience of businessmen and tourists alike. With a diverse range of peoples and cultures, numerous museums and galleries, London is also home to four UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Tower of London, The Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, The Palace of Westminster and Maritime Greenwich.
The London public transport network that comprises the well-known tubes, buses, trains and more is one of the most extensive in the world. One can travel at ease to different parts of the city for shopping, visiting the various places of interest or exploring the city with the London Pass.
Essential Facts of London
The official language in United Kingdom (UK) is English.
The local time in the UK in winter is referred to as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). The local time in the UK in summer is referred to as British Summer Time (BST) which is GMT+1.
Visit the UK Visas and Immigration Service website at https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration for information on visas for tourists, work, study, and other related information or useful contacts.
The British Pound Sterling (GBP) is used in the UK.
The standard VAT rate is 20%.
Tipping is not required in the UK. All staff in the UK, must by law, be paid at least the National Minimum Wage whether they receive tips or not.
Banks, in general are open as follows:
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 17:00 hours
Saturdays (some branches), 09:00 to 14:00 hours
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 17:00 hours
Shops, may vary but generally:
Mondays to Fridays, 09:00 to 19:00 hours
Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 to 17:00 hours
The calling UK code is 44.
The electrical current in the UK is 230V/50Hz.
Public holidays in United Kingdom are called "Bank Holidays" and include:
- New Year's Day: 1st January
- Good Friday: varies
- Easter Monday: varies
- Early May Bank Holiday: 1st Monday of May
- Spring Bank Holiday: last Monday of May
- Summer bank Holiday: last Monday of August
- Christmas Day: 25th December
- Boxing Day: 26th December